CDR group has recently purchased and gained access to various new workstations and instruments. Here is a brief list:
Our group has access to state-of-the-art IC fabrication facilities in Canada, U.S.A. and Taiwan through Canadian Microelectronics Corporation (CMC). We also have full access to IC testing resources at CMC.
- i7-860 w/8GB X4
- Xeon 5120
- Dual 3GHz Xeon w/4GB X7
- Agilent Infiniium 91304ADSA
12GHz (13GHz DSP) 4ch w/ Serial Data Analysis
- Agilent Infiniium
54855ADSO 6GHz (7GHz DSP) 4ch
- LeCroy WaveRunner 6100 1GHz
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Agilent EXA9010A 9kHz -
- Logic Analyzer
- Signal/Data Generator
- Agilent 81142 2ch 13.5GHz
pulse data generator
- Tektronix AWG5012B 1.2GS/s Arbitrary Waveform
Generator w/Serial Xpress software
- Tektronix DG2020A 30ch 200Mb/s data
- Agilent MXG N5181A 250kHz - 3GHz Analog Signal
- Power Analyzer
- Agilent N6705A DC power
- SQP Products Plusar 900 TLP Test System (w/
Our group has access to leading EDA tools from major vendors including Cadence, Synopsys, Mentor Graphics, and Xilinx :
Our group has generous computing resources including 6 Sun
Workstations and 7 PCs. We are also in the process of purchasing
several test equipments (including oscilloscope, logic analyzer,
pulse/pattern generator, spectrum analyzer, soldering station, and
other miscellaneous items) for our lab.
- Cadence: A comprehensive set of tools for designing digital and analog ICs, PCBs, and FPGAs. Out of the available university tools from Cadence, we have the following "release streams": IC, ICC, LDV, SOC, SPR, PSD, SPW, CADMOS, DSM DP, DSM SE, and VCC.
Design Compiler FPGA,
- Mentor Graphics:
- Sequoia Device Designer: Complete integrated TCAD system for semiconductor device design and optimization. Suitable for ESD design.
- Xilinx Alliance Software: A set of tools for implementing Programmable Logic Devices (PLDs)
- SPW: An integrated framework for developing DSP and communications products
- ART Designer Pro: A tool for designing an architecture from a C code
- SIS: An interactive program for the synthesis of both synchronous and asynchronous sequential circuits
- Others: Matlab, Troff, Compilers (GNU C/C++, ANSI C/C++, Fortran, Java) etc.