Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo
I am looking for students at all levels, including URA, 499 projects, fourth year design projects, co-op, MASc, and PhD. For co-op, MASc, and PhD, send me an email if you are interested in any of the topics discussed in my recent papers. For 499 and fourth year design projects I have a variety of projects, both that I am directly interested in and from external customers; schedule an appointment.
- David Dietrich, Pourya Shaker, Jan Gorzny, Joanne Atlee, and Derek Rayside. Feature Interaction Analysis of the Feature-Oriented Requirements-Modelling Language Using Alloy. In MoDeVVa Workshop at MODELS Conference, 2012.
- Rafael Olaechea, Steven Stewart, Krzysztof Czarnecki, and Derek Rayside. Modelling and Optimization of Quality Attributes in Variability-Rich Software. In NFPinDSML Workshop at MODELS Conference, 2012.
- Derek Rayside, Vajih Montaghami, Francesca Leung, Albert Yuen, Kevin Xu, and Daniel Jackson Synthesizing Iterators from Abstraction Functions. (GPCE'12). PDF.
- Vajih Montaghami and Derek Rayside Extending Alloy with Partial Instances. (ABZ'12). PDF.
- Aleksandar Milicevic, Derek Rayside, Kuat Yessenov, Daniel Jackson. Unifying execution of imperative and declarative code. (ICSE'11). PDF.
- Derek Rayside, Aleksander Milicevic, Kuat Yessenov, Greg Dennis and Daniel Jackson. Agile Specifications . (Onward'09). (PDF).
- Derek Rayside, Zev Benjamin, Rishabh Singh, Joseph P. Near, Aleksandar Milicevic and Daniel Jackson. Equality and Hashing for (almost) Free: Generating Implementations from Abstraction Functions. 31st International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE'09). (PDF)
- Derek Rayside and H.-Christian Estler A Spreadsheet-like User Interface for Combinatorial Multi-Objective Optimization. (CASCON'09). (PDF).
- Derek Rayside, H.-Christian Estler, and Daniel Jackson. A Guided Improvement Algorithm for Exact, General Purpose, Many-Objective Combinatorial Optimization. MIT-CSAIL-TR-2009-033 (http://hdl.handle.net/1721.1/46322)
- Derek Rayside and Lucy Mendel. Object Ownership Profiling: A Technique for Finding and Fixing Memory Leaks. International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE'07). (paper) (slides)
- Vajih Montaghami (PhD)
- Steven Stewart (PhD)
- Ahmed Ibrahim (PhD)
- Matthew (Ming) Ma (M.A.Sc.)
- Adrian Filip (M.Sc.)
- Mitra Khatibi (M.Eng.)
- SE464: Software Design & Architecture
- ECE351: Compilers
- SE490: Fourth Year Design Project
- SE491: Fourth Year Design Project Symposium
- ECE100B: Introduction to Professional Practice
- Winter 2013